Brandon Savage compiled a good summary of application performance tips. Definitely not the difference between using single and double quotes in your code: these are easy to implement and effective (=”micro”) methods to improve responsiveness of your code, like:
- Eliminate Any Sort Of Logged Errors
- Enable Output Buffering For Everything
- Make Use Of A Content-Delivery Network
- Determine What Data Doesn’t Need To Be Real-Time
- Consider Using An Autoloader
Read more about “Micro” Optimizations That Matter at BrandonSavage.net.